Please note that all locations of the ESL School at NYFA are authorized under Federal Law to accept I-20 students.
To apply to the ESL School at NYFA, please complete the following steps.
- Mail the below documents to the location of your choice.
- Completed application form for The ESL School at NYFA
- $100 non-refundable Application Fee
- Proof of high school completion (All applicants must be 18 years of age or older)
- For international students: Completed I-20 application including a bank statement and Sponsor’s Certification of Financial Support
- Upon receiving all the documents, your application will be processed and The ESL School at NYFA will issue an acceptance letter and immigration form I-20.
- Pay SEVIS I-901 fee by visiting https://www.fmjfee.com (detailed instructions are posted on this site).
- Make an appointment for interview at the American Embassy or Consulate in your country. Take all the required documents including your form I-20, financial letters, and your passport to the interview.
- The Embassy or Consulate will approve or deny your visa application. If approved, students will receive an F-1 Visa to enter the United States and attend The ESL School at NYFA. Students must report to The ESL School at NYFA within five days of entering the United States.
*Please note that acceptance into The ESL School at NYFA does not guarantee acceptance into New York Film Academy (NYFA). In order to be fully accepted into NYFA they must either complete Level 4 at The ESL School at NYFA or receive a TOEFL iBT score of 68 (79 for MFA) or an IELTS score of 5.5 (6.5 for MFA). Students must also submit all other needed admissions documents for NYFA, which can be found at https://www.nyfa.edu/admiss
The ESL School at NYFA is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant (I-20) students. The I-20 form is the official document necessary to obtain an F-1 student visa. To apply for the Intensive English Program at The ESL School at NYFA, follow the step-by-step instructions above.