Please note that all locations of the ESL School at NYFA are authorized under Federal Law to accept I-20 students.
To apply to the 12-Week Intensive English Program at The ESL School at NYFA, please complete the following steps:
- Submit the online application form with the $75 application fee: https://www.eslnyfa.edu//applications/esl1.php
- Send documentation of proof of high school completion to [email protected].
- For International Students: The ESL School at NYFA is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant (I-20) students.The I-20 form is the official document necessary to obtain an F-1 student visa.
- Send a completed I-20 application including a bank statement and Sponsor’s Certification of Financial Support to [email protected] (Los Angeles campus) or [email protected] (New York campus). Upon receiving all the required documents, your application will be processed and
- Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee by visiting https://www.fmjfee.com
- Make an appointment for an interview at the American Embassy or Consulate in your country. Take all the required documents including your form I-20, financial letters, and your passport to the interview.
- The Embassy or Consulate will approve or deny your visa application. If approved, students will receive an F-1 Visa to enter the United States and attend The ESL School at NYFA. Students must report to The ESL School at NYFA within five days of entering the United States.
*Please note that acceptance into The ESL School at NYFA does not guarantee acceptance into New York Film Academy (NYFA). In order to be fully accepted into NYFA, students must either complete Level 4 (Level 5 for MFA) at The ESL School at NYFA or receive a TOEFL iBT score of 68 (79 for MFA) or an IELTS score of 6.0 (6.5 for MFA). Students must also submit all other needed admissions documents for NYFA, which can be found at https://www.nyfa.edu/admissions/admissions-requirements/*
The ESL School at NYFA is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant (I-20) students. The I-20 form is the official document necessary to obtain an F-1 student visa. To apply for the Intensive English Program at The ESL School at NYFA, follow the step-by-step instructions above.
Your privacy is important to us.
By submitting this form, you give The ESL School at NYFA your consent to contact you regarding our educational services using email, text or telephone. Msg. & data rates may apply. Please note that you are not required to provide this consent to receive educational service.